The Department of Veterans' Affairs is providing small grants up to $50,000 and large grants up to $150,000 to Ex-Service Organisations. These grants are to deliver services to the younger veterans’ community that build community capacity for the future, expand on existing or well established services offered to the younger veterans’ community to new regions within Australia or in development of new services that will be offered in more than one location and raise awareness of the important issues faced by the younger veterans’ community.
An eligible organisation must be an Ex-Service Organisation (ESO), be a Trustee of a Trust that includes an ESO or a non-ESCO in a partnership with an ESO. Eligible organisations must be incorporated and one of the following:
- Incorporated Association
- Indigenous Corporation
- Statutory Entity
Eligible activities under the grant must address the intended outcomes of the program, and include:
- staff salaries and on-costs that can be directly attributed to the provision of the projec
- the portion of operating and administration expenses directly related to the project, such as:
- communications (telephone/internet/captioning)
- facility hire/rental
- information technology (computer/website/software)
- stationery and printing
- accounting and auditing
- domestic travel/accommodation costs
- assets that can be reasonably attributed to meeting agreement deliverable
- evaluation costs – evaluation costs are only eligible for Large Grants. Such costs must not exceed 10% of the grant amount sought through the SYV Grants Program. A detailed quote must be provided with the application.
- meals – funding for meals must be intrinsic to cooking or nutrition projects or as part of travel allowance for a project officer.
- items that directly support project delivery including minor renovations. Volunteer expenses, including expenses relating to training to ensure volunteers are appropriately qualified/accredited (for example, Workplace Health and Safety training and First Aid training).
- trainer/facilitator/presenter costs to deliver the activity and/or service
- project participant accommodation costs.
For further information and applications visit the Community Grants Hub website here.
Applications close 5 February 2021.