Bushfire Community Recovery and Resilience Grants open on Tuesday, 27 October 2020. These grants are jointly funding by the Commonwealth and State Government and will be administered by Resilience NSW.
Funding will be available for projects between $20,000 and $300,000 to help industries and communities recover from the bushfires by creating jobs, increasing preparedness for future natural disasters and enhancing the natural environment. Grants under this program will support projects such as:
- Local community and cultural infrastructure
- Tourism campaigns (including digital product development) and regional events
- Workforce adaptation and work ready training programs
- Community wellbeing and mental health programs
- Tourism infrastructure including walking and mountain bike trails
- Neighbourhood safer places.
Eligible applicants for Stream 2 include:
- incorporated non-government organisations including not-for-profit organisations, local community groups, business chambers and industry groups/peak bodies,
- local councils,
- joint organisations of council, and
- unincorporated community groups auspiced by an organisation that is eligible to apply in their own right
For further information, including how to apply, visit the NSW Government website here.
Applications open on 27 October 2020 and closes midday 11 December 2020.